God. Music. Life.

God. Music. Life. God. Music. Life. God. Music. Life. God. Music. Life. www.cocostreetmusic.com

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Listen...It's Getting Closer (Or 3 Things I Want to Do in 2014)

Hello y'all!  Since I last blogged, my mind has set on three things that I want to do in 2014, which I have declared to be the YEAR OF #NOREGRETS.


Image By No Regrets Recruiting
#1 GRADUATE
Since 2008, I have been plugging away at my life's dream to get a Doctorate degree.  I had so many obstacles it's not even funny.  Most of the blockages came courtesy of my place of employment.  Now, here's something I am not afraid to hash out in public.  Blessed (BLESSED!!!!) to have a job, but oh the challenges that came with it.  



  • Finding time to do the coursework.
  • Finding time to sleep
  • Finding time to have some semblance of a social life - and the biggie...
  • Remembering to pray without ceasing.
The last one has been an ongoing challenge, but in the last few months it has become surprisingly easier. Maybe because I have so many hopes and dreams for 2014.  My dissertation is coming along nicely, however, and my Committee Chair says I'm on target for July!!!!


#2 HAVE A LIVE SHOW
The EP I'm working on with ROLLER8 is coming along quite nicely.  I think that because I don't have any dough to get PR and all the things you need to be taken seriously, that the product must be QUALITY!  I'm singing the best way I know how.  There is always room for improvement, and I am committing myself to transform my art, and to actually play out somewhere.  So...a concert.  Me.  Performing somewhere soon.  Meanwhile, listen to IMAGES one of our songs from the yet-to-be-titled EP from Roller8 Featuring coco street... 




#3 TRAVEL TO EUROPE FOR THE CHRISTMAS MARKETS
Image by the Telegraph
I have heard soooo much about the beauty of Europe in Winter.  I am thinking maybe some sort of combination of Prague, Copenhagen, Paris, London, or Vienna, for the Snow, Christmas Markets, sausages, and mulled wine.

Those are three things I'd like to do in 2013.  







You might be asking where the Lord is in all of this?  Well...it is all according to His Will, of course!  I can do none of it without Him!






No comments:

coco street on Facebook

DG51:3:3 Teeshirts